How to Start Writing a Persuasive Essay?
Students always search for a secret that will help to do homework faster. They google for methods and approaches that have to minimize the time on homework or ways of how to become more productive during writing. The truth is that there is no any big secret and write a good paper quickly and on time is a possible task for everybody. To prove you that anyone can learn to write papers well, fast, and what is most important get the highest grades for them I will demonstrate how to do it on an example. For instance, you are a college student and have to write a persuasive essay. Where to begin?
The first mistake which leads to failure from the very beginning is that many students have a wrong understanding of what type of paper they have to write. In other words, they cannot provide a decent answer to a question “What is a persuasive essay?” So, the first right step is to ask yourself “Do I know what types of an assignment I have and how it should have been written?”
Once you find a detailed explanation of the type of essay you have and get a clear vision what you need to write you are ready to move forward. The next step is to find some good persuasive essay topics. You can make them yourself, but why spend so much time when there are dozens of great ideas which are already created for you. On the Internet, you can find from high school to college persuasive essay topics. We have selected the best of them to save your time. Check the lists below to find a suitable one.
Simple Topics For Beginners
If you need some easy persuasive speech topics for college students, take a look on the list below.
- Why is junk food dangerous?
- Should celebrities have stricter punishment when they break law?
- Can money make people happy?
- Do seniors always can share wisdom with others?
- What can we do to reduce world hunger?
- How to encourage more recycling?
- Should children get punishment?
- Do people need the motivation to start doing what they want?
- Why do people need religion?
- Why do people gossip?
Top 10 Great Topics About Animals
If you are an animal lover, you will like to write an essay on one of these topics.
- Why do people buy pets instead of adopting them?
- Are pitbulls dangerous?
- Is it moral to eat animals?
- What animals are the perfect pets?
- Why do people visit zoos?
- Should people keep animals at home?
- Do we need more animal shelters?
- How to protect animals from abuse?
- Is hunting an act of violence?
- How to improve attitude to animals?
New Topics About Education
Studying is the essential part of life for every student, so it is an excellent field of writing. See the topics below to discover what issues might be interesting to you.
- How many hours per day should children learn?
- Are summer holidays damage a study process?
- How many classes a day should children have?
- Can exams show the actual level of students' knowledge?
- Are there classes at school which are not necessary?
- Should smartphones be forbidden at schools?
- Is distant education effective?
- Why is it necessary to have group tasks?
- Should all students have the exchange student experience?
- Why do students cheat during tests?
Topics About Environment
Environmental protection is an acute issue nowadays. It will not be hard to find a lot of materials if you choose one of the topics about it.
- Advantages of public transportation.
- Protection of the endangered species.
- How to reduce CO2 pollution?
- What is the most eco-friendly type of transportation?
- How can the government control the usage of natural resources?
- Why is it a community responsibility to keep the environment clean?
- Why do we use little of alternative energy sources?
- Should people grow and eat only local fruits and vegetables?
- What are the causes of air pollution?
- How to reduce water contamination?
Topics On Ethics and Moral Issues
An ethical dilemma is a problem that every person has to solve and thus, it is one of the most exciting subjects for writing an essay.
- Why is suicide illegal in the majority of countries?
- Why do some states refuse from death penalties, while others still have it?
- What is the most effective punishment for criminals?
- Should tests on animals be forbidden?
- Are people morally obliged to help the poor?
- Is it unethical to eat meat?
- Is wearing fur in countries with cold winters unethical?
- How to protect children from violence?
- Is it morally affordable that children send their parents to senior centers?
- Should firearms be illegal for mass buyers?
Topics About Family
Family and relatives are the essential part of our life. Why not select a theme and write about an issue which may concern us all?
- Why are R rated films forbidden for children?
- Does generation gap become smaller due to modern technologies?
- Do quarrels between parents have a negative effect on children?
- Why are family traditions so important?
- How to protect children from bullying?
- Why is home violence the worst method of the parents’ educational process?
- Why should children under 13 not watch horror movies?
- How often should parents spend time with their children?
- Can parents and children be close friends?
- Is divorce always bad for a family?
Topics About Food
Food is something that we require every day. There exists a lot of topics for discussion about this issue. Select the one you like the most and write an excellent paper.
- How to balance your daily diet?
- Why has fast food become so popular?
- Why is organic food so expensive?
- How to refuse from snacks?
- What should parents do to make their children have healthy eating habits?
- Why is healthy food not as tasty as the junk one?
- Why is sugar added to food?
- Is anorexia a mental health problem?
- What cuisine is the most delicious?
- Is it true that not all people can be taught cooking?
Funny Topics to Avoid Boring Writing
Why should essay writing be boring? Pick one of the funny essay topics and enjoy writing.
- Why do some people laugh when they are nervous?
- What is the funniest movie of all time?
- Why people who don’t believe in horoscope still read it?
- Why should people be a little childish?
- Does music have a power to heal?
- Can sport be funny?
- Why does modern advertising contain much humor?
- Why parents allow children to believe in Santa?
- Why do kids like cartoons?
- Why are dads funnier than moms?
Interesting Topics To Impress Your Professor
If you need some unordinary topics for your assignment, the following list will satisfy this need.
- Should Scotland become an independent state?
- How do president election affect the people view of democracy?
- Can a healthy relationship exist without conflicts?
- Should credit cards be restricted for people under 25 years old?
- Is criticism bad or it helps people to become better?
- Is standard of beauty a constant or an ever-changing social phenomenon?
- Should people refuse guns?
- Should people prepare in a special way for the first date?
- Why can abortions not be legal?
- Why do the majority of countries do not allow gay marriages?
Topics About Media and Social Networks
Media is everywhere today, and it is hard to ignore how many great topics for discussion one have. This list will inspire you to write an excellent persuasive essay.
- Should TV shows have an age restriction?
- Why should children watch less TV?
- Can TV make people more educated?
- Why do social networks are so popular today?
- Does media send a wrong message to teens?
- Will newspapers disappear in the nearest future?
- Why can modern people not live a day without the Internet?
- Is media the primary cause of moral degradation of young generation?
- Can educational programs be among the top on TV?
- Why are teens so obsessed with likes on social networks?
How to Select the Best Essay Topic?
Now when you have read these lists of topics that we have prepared for you, there is another question which keeps on the hop. Which topic is better and how to select the one to write an excellent essay? To assist you with this problem we have prepared a brief guide which will help you to choose a good idea for your assignment.
Choose a few topics
Writing a persuasive essay always begin with a topic choice. Sometimes, it is difficult to select the one, so at the initial stage, you need to outline five best ideas.
Analyze the topics
There is no need to do an in-depth analysis; your goal is to evaluate whether the chosen topics have a wide field for research. Sometimes a problem might seem brilliant and exciting before you start writing. However, after a couple of paragraphs, you might find out that you have nothing to say anymore. So, the brief analysis will help you to understand which topics are not good enough. At this stage, you need to refuse from 2-3 topics which are less promising than others.
Check the sources
Your topics might be great, but you need take into account that a good paper cannot base solely on your opinion. You need to provide argumentation, pieces of evidence, and facts and thus, there has to be plenty of sources which can satisfy this need. If you cannot support your ideas with citations, your essay will be weak and not as pervasive as you expect.
One of the most effective approaches which help to define what topic to give preference is to try free writing. This technique predetermines that you start writing on a chosen topic everything which springs to your mind. If the idea is good and suits you well, you will not experience any challenges and could write more and more. However, if after a couple of paragraphs it seems like you have written everything you wanted and have not a single idea, then it is better not to take such a topic.
Study with Pleasure
Writing an essay should not be a boring or a killing activity. A great assignment is possible only when you write about something you like. That’s why choosing a topic is a crucial step, and you cannot just pick the one which seems a good one. Take your time selecting a great topic.
If you are not a good writer and all your academic attempts are doomed to failure, you can use another option. Hire a writer on Homeworkfor.me. The professionals who work there know how to assist you with any essay. They have many years of experience in academic writing and always provide the high-quality assistance. If you lack the time or cannot cope with yet another paper, request help on Homeworkfor.me and get it immediately.